Saturday, December 3, 2011

New Sheep Lovers

Well, it is official...we are hooked on Shetland Sheep.  We started out the summer with 3 very nice lambs from Corinne.  That was all it took.  Yesterday, we were lucky enough to bring home 4 lovely sheep from Kelly B.  Our new ewes should have lambs this Spring.  It's all so exciting.  Mix all this together with new alpacas, pygmy goats and newborn puppies, and you have the beginnings of a very interesting petting zoo (aka The Pepper's Place). 

I have A LOT of reading and research to do before Spring, but I am up for the challenge.  I am originally a Quarter Horse/POA girl, but I will figure this out.  We are still breeding/selling Chihuahuas.  That is so much more work than anyone realizes.  It seems like the cuter the creature, the more complicated reproduction has to be!

I hope to use this blog to introduce myself into the Shetland Sheep world.  I will apologize in advance, I am on a very elementary level of techinical sheep terms.  I will also be asking a TON of questions.  Any advice or warnings are always welcome. 

~ Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment